Globalization is the process of integrating an economy with the world economy. Countries around the world adopted the practice of Globalization to enhance their economy, exchange culture, increase growth prospects and increase flow of Foreign Travelers. In the past few decades, Globalization has significantly changed World Tourism. People are now travelling all around the world for Business, Research, Pleasure and opportunities. According to a recent study, Air Travel has tripled in the last 20 years, and is expected to double in the next 10 years. With Millions of people in the Air every day, Travel Industry is worth Billions of Dollars. Adding to that is the Rail, Road and Sea Travel, which further enhances the experience of travelers. In this Blog, we will discuss some of the Major Effects of Globalisation on World Tourism. Let’s get started:
1. Cultural Curiosity: There was a time when travelers knew about a few places to visit. They used to visit only famous places like London, Paris, New York, Singapore, Sydney,etc. As a result of Globalisation, people have become more curious to discover other places. Countries like Mexico, Cuba, Ireland, Czech Republic, Japan, etc are now becoming famous among travellers and tourists. People are now interested in exploring other parts of the Globe as well.
2. New Places: Many small cities and towns are opening their doors for tourists. Hundreds of small tourist spots have been developed around the world. These are places which had hidden treasures begging to be explored. Some of them have been capitalized, while many of them still waiting. Governments around the world are slowly and steadily working on them.
3. Aviation Growth: Today thousands of Flights Take-Off around the world every day. Globalization has opened up new Airports at new destinations, and increased Point-to-Point Flights. Premium Carriers and Low Cost Carriers (LCCs) have emerged all over the world. This has increased the production of small and big jets by Airbus and Boeing. Today if you visit www.FlightRadar24.com , you will be mesmerized by the number of planes in the Air at a time.
4. Tourism Economy: The path of Globalisation has led to emergence of many Tourism Economies. These are Nations which earn a large part of their income from Tourism. Tourism is the backbone of these Countries. Some Examples of Tourism Economy may be Mauritius, Turkey, Switzerland, Maldives, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Fiji and Seychelles.
5. Wide Range of Destinations: Globalisation opened up new Destinations for travellers. Thus, offering them a Wide Range of Destinations to choose from. Today you can choose according to your interests, preferences and budget.
6. Job Creation: Globalization has created millions of jobs in tourism. When a new place opens for tourism, jobs are created in its Hotels, Airports, Monuments, Shops and Restaurants. This has not only helped people to get out of Poverty, but also given a chance to Travel Enthusiasts to work closely in this Industry.
7. Global Village: The world has now become a Global Village with people from different cultures engage with each other. This has enabled local people to connect with their tourist friends. People are now warmer in welcoming travellers from other cultures and traditions. This sort of engagement leads to better tourism relations between countries.
These were the Main Effects of Globalization on the Tourism Industry. It has changed the way we Travel, and created new opportunities for our Development. If you have more to add, feel free to comment down below. We would love to hear your take on Globalization in World Tourism.
Happy Globalized Travelling to all!
For Notifications on our new Blogs, join our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/360travellers